For famous personalities, it's quite easy to verify themselves on twitter for an official blue badge with a white checkmark, but being a normal one with not much fame it's a difficult task.
If they follow the previous guidelines of twitter they may get verified without carrying stardom.
Twitter held their manual review for the authentication process for providing their official batch, But for normal people, their manual review is quite strict.
in 2017 twitter announced a verification program but later it was closed due to various users' fake verification thought Process are kept easy earlier and due to this every user started verifying their accounts while it is out of the rule and in return twitter have decided to stop that program. but again twitter decided to relaunch in 2021.
What is twitter blue verified badge ?
Verified account on twitter means getting the blue tick on your profile.
The Bluetick is a verified batch on twitter, to know that an account of public interest is real(account is verified from twitter ) The verified batch appears next to the name on the account profile. It is blue in colour.
The blue verified badge on twitter, makes the people believe the authenticity of the account holder. To get the verification badge your account needs to be authentic, notable and active.
Followers required to get an account verified on twitter.
Firstly you have to create a twitter account by signing on twitter app either by email id Or by username).
You don't need to have thousands of followers and stardom, popularity to get your account verified. There are many accounts on twitter with 2,000 Or even more than 2,000 still gotten blue tick Or verification.
Eligibility to get verified on twitter.
There are no such restrictions from twitter to get a blue tick, firstly when twitter launched the verification strategy, in this twitter verify accounts just by filling Or sending verification requests, but many people made requests, and as a result of this twitter closed their plan but after years, twitter reopened this process again.
To fulfill the eligibility criteria, one person account need to fall into one of them:-
- Companies, brand and organization
- Journalist and the newly set up organization
- Sports and gaming
- Activists, organizers and other individuals or influencers.
Beyond all these lists, twitter demanded some strict requirements for getting verification of their account.
- Authentic- Authentic means reality or a person who is not afraid to be true to their personality. Twitter ensures that the account is runned by a real person, meaning the exact person who's claiming to be the account holder, and for this twitter demands identity verification.
3 method for identity verification-
- Official website- provide a link to an official website that refers to your profile and twitter account.
- Id verification- provide a photo Or government issued identification documents, that shows your authenticity of the person like driving licence , passport.
- Official email address- provide an officially issued email id with domain related.
- Notable- notable means twitter demands that the account should be associated with a recognized brand and individual, classified above the six categories of Twitter.
- Active- Active means your account needs to be active on a regular basis, you have used twitter in your day to day life, haven't broken any rule, email id and phone number should be active and acceptable with confirmed username and profile picture.
Twitter Verification application 2021 process-
- Profile must be of public interest
- Verify phone number on twitter from your twitter account.
- Confirm email address.
- Add bio, profile photo, cover photo, birthday and website.
- Set tweets to the public.
- Visit the verification form on twitter and there you should need to write a short or long paragraph about why you want to verify.
- If you don't get verified, apply again after 30 days.
Steps to verification on twitter
- Fill out your profile completely with profile picture, cover photo, name, website, and bio.
- Add a verified phone number and confirm your email address.
- Add your birthday.
- Set your tweets as “public”
- Visit the verification form on Twitter.
Benefits of having Twitter blue badge
- It is a sign of credibility and trustworthiness in the whole twitter community.
- It also gives you authority and credibility out of all the average users.
- Because being verified by twitter is earned.
- That's why it gives your brand a great impression and trust from other users.
- It gives you leverage on networking with other influencers.
- When your account is verified it stands out from the average users.
- Most of the time influencers would just ignore direct messages especially if they don't have any connection with the person.
- But if the influencers see a blue tick most likely the influencer will give that message some attention.
- It helps you build a reputation as an authority in your industry.
- It gives the brand an impression of being trustworthy.
- Being on Twitter verified makes it easy to get verified on other platforms.
- It gives you brand authority.
- You can stand out from the norm.
- It gives leverage to network with influencers